Full vt100 emulation

Thad P Floryan thad at cup.portal.com
Sun Feb 4 17:16:45 AEST 1990

bdb at becker.UUCP (Bruce Becker) in <3232 at becker.UUCP> comments some more about
VT100 emulators.

Confirming his comment about "Handshake" (for the Amiga), it actually passes
the Per Lindberg suite!  It's the program I use exclusively on my Amigas.

However, this *IS* the UNIXPC newsgroup, so ... continuing ...

	Some questions to anyone:

	How can I get "cu" (the HDB version)
	to actually talk even parity?

The docs I have state "-e   designates that even parity is to be generated
for data sent to the remote system."  I'm still testing this (and odd parity),
so far it appears to be OK, but I'm not yet convinced the test system I'm
using is itself responding properly to parity ... more details later after I
connect a Data Line Monitor.

	How can I get "async_main" to work
	with HDB?

I don't understand the question.  "async_main" is the terminal emulator for
the UNIXPC ... how COULD it be expected to function with HDB?  Unless you're
referring to the lockfile.  Would you please elaborate further?

	Doesn't "async_main" provide better
	"real" VT100 emulation?

My tests confirm "async_main" is an ANSI emulator and, as such, works as one
would expect.  It most definitely is NOT a VT100 emulator ... it does not
perform as does a real VT100 (which I have here in addition to the DT80).

If anyone's really interested, I "could" post the Per Lindberg VT100 Validation
Suite that one could test by calling OUT from then back INTO one's own system.
But because of its size, it's best that interested parties get it direct from
the archive sites; I can repost the (known to me) archive site information if
you missed it before (it's available on uunet.UU.NET and osu-cis among other
places).

Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR) ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]