Serial Line Print Spooler Product??

brian wolfe bwolfe at rpslmc.com
Wed Feb 7 04:27:58 AEST 1990

Hi There,

I'm posting this for a friend who doesn't have USENET access, but please
reply to me at brian at chinet.chi.il.us since I'm not sure how well our
email is working.

This person is interested in a product that will run on a Unix (or DOS)
platform that would pretend to be several differnt kinds of Dot matrix
or laser printers. For reasons that are  too lengthy to describe here, he
needs to spool output from various 'hostile platforms' that goes out over
serial ports (usually to a printer!) to a central machine that might allow
users to browse the output by chronological order and specify which output
would go to which printer.

Does any commercial product even remotely resembling this vague description
exist? Please email replys and I will summarize for the net.

Thanks in advance,

Brian Wolfe
Rush Presbyterian - St. Lukes Medical Center
(312)-942-5781						brian at chinet.chi.il.us.