AT&T 5620 questions

David Herron -- a slipped disk david at ms.uky.edu
Sun Feb 18 17:10:54 AEST 1990

The official AT&T 1Meg upgrade for 5620's simply has you replace two things

	memory chips with 40256's

	one of the 74xxx chips with a slightly different version.
	(don't remember details; I think the new chip was an LS part)

Ages ago I had someone tell me they simply replaced the memory chips
and everything just worked.

Ages++ ago I tried using the official 1Meg upgrade to upgrade "my" 5620.
Oops..  didn't work.  And we didn't try tracking down what was wrong.
--
<- David Herron; an MMDF guy                              <david at ms.uky.edu>
<- ska: David le casse\*'      {rutgers,uunet}!ukma!david, david at UKMA.BITNET
<- Now arrived at a nameserver near you:  david at davids.mmdf.com