Smgr doesn't invoke ELM anymore

Tanya Katz tanya at adds.newyork.NCR.COM
Wed Feb 7 02:13:39 AEST 1990

I recently installed ELM on my 3b1 and when I received mail the little
envelope icon would flash.  Clicking on the envelope (or pressing the
msg key) would invoke the ELM program. I remember there was a discussion
about how to install this so that ELM would be invoked via this method,
and I did get this to work.

Alas, this is now broken.  :-(

It is possible that something is not being correctly initialized
because recently I moved elm from /usr/lbin to /usr/local/bin.

When I press the msg key the screen clears and it looks like /bin/mail
is running, but nothing happens.  The cursor sits on the screen (homed
in the upper right corner) and the envelope icon has disappeared.
I have to go to another window and kill this process, called "mail"
in the ps output.

Can someone clue me in as to what I must do to get the ELM path into
the smgr configuration?

Thanks
-Tanya

| Tanya Katz                  (516) 231-5400 x430 |
|	...uunet!ncrlnk!adds!tanya                |
| 	tanya.katz at adds.newyork.ncr.com           |
| ADDS Inc, 100 Marcus Blvd, Hauppauge, NY 11788  |