FOXBASE PLUS (on 3B2) PROBLEM !!

Karl Denninger karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM
Sun Feb 4 06:22:22 AEST 1990

In article <3708 at cbnewsj.ATT.COM> tas at cbnewsj.ATT.COM (thomas.skrobala) writes:

>Does anyone out there have any experience with Foxbase Plus on a 3B2?  I
>have it running on a 3B2/400 (R3.1 and 2.0.4) and we've had some tough times
>with it.  Seems like when you ZAP or REINDEX, it creates a new file which
>it forgets to get rid of when you CLOSE.  And when the per process file table
>fills up it's good night nurse!
>
>Any help or suggestions would be appreciated.  You can reach me by return
>mail or calling (201) 946-7103.

This is a known problem.

SCO has a fix for their version; it's a free upgrade.  Call your vendor and
request the same.

If they claim "don't know", tell them to talk to SCO... SCO certainly does
know about this problem.

--
Karl Denninger (karl at ddsw1.MCS.COM, <well-connected>!ddsw1!karl)
Public Access Data Line: [+1 708 566-8911], Voice: [+1 708 566-8910]