1996 has come too soon

Lee Sailer UH2 at psuvm.psu.edu
Fri Feb 2 02:57:50 AEST 1990

A few weeks ago, I accidentally set the year on my ATT6300+ running Unix V.2
to 1996.  OK.  When I noticed, I set it back to 1990, but now, whenever I
reboot, I come up in 1996 again.  Ack!

I've used find to locate all the files with future timestamps, and set them
to the present, eg,

    $ >xxx
    $ find / -newer xxx -exec touch {} \;

but that didn't help.  I figure there is a file somewhere that contains the
most recent date (1996) and at boot up time that is being used, but I can't
find it.  Any help (by email) appreciated.

                                          Lee