3B1 Power Supply fried

Bill Chimiak chim at eceimg.ncsu.edu
Wed Feb 14 00:49:04 AEST 1990

I had a similar experience when my fan failed.  The plastic above my
power supply was warped from the heat and the machine, from the log
files' history, had rebooted numerous times.

As recommended on the net, I replaced it with an AC fan.  Since the day
of the failure, I always make sure I feel air coming out of the back of
the fan.

What was interesting was that I discovered my fan HAD NOT FAILED!  I
placed it to a DC power source and it ran fine.

About a couple months later, when I fired up my 3b1, I did not here my
noisy AC fan come on.  I pushed it with a cable tie and it started
(just like a World War I airplane).  So make sure the fan comes on when
you start your 3b1.

bill chimiak
chim at mrips.bgsm.wfu.edu
chim at eceimg.UUCP