PC7300/3B1 default timezone

Bob Marrow bobm at acsdev.UUCP
Tue Feb 6 13:06:23 AEST 1990

In article <492 at cpsolv.CPS.COM> rhg at cpsolv.uucp (Richard H. Gumpertz) writes:
>How can I get uucico logins to run with timezone CST (or CDT when
>appropriate) instead of EST?  My Received: lines (added by rmail/smail) and
>my UUCP log file entries are a pain to read when time-stamped with EST.  For
>normal logins the TZ variable is set in /etc/profile but uucico doesn't look
>at /etc/profile.

I have run into this on several different sysV machines.  On some systems,
you must edit the file /etc/default/login to set TZ=whatever.  On other systems,
edit /lib/default.login.  Note that this problem also pops up if you login
using csh.  Your mileage may vary.

Bob Marrow          {sun, ames}!pacbell!acsdev!boo!bobm
ACS Network Systems