advice/help needed with 6300+

Dave Emmerson emmo at moncam.co.uk
Thu Jan 4 02:50:24 AEST 1990

In article <1255 at ssbn.WLK.COM+, bill at ssbn.WLK.COM (Bill Kennedy) writes:
+ In article <333 at marvin.moncam.co.uk+ emmo at moncam.co.uk (Dave Emmerson) writes:
+ +In article <1989Dec26.220943.14476 at cs.rochester.edu+, ken at cs.rochester.edu (Ken Yap) writes:
+ ++ [deleted symptoms]
+ ++ The disk a half-height 5.25" unit marked Olivetti XM5220/2 and holds 20
+ ++ Mb. There are two cables, one 34 connector, one 20 (?) connector to the
+ ++ disk controller.
+ [ some more deleted ... ]
+ +
+ +Sounds right.
+ +It's probably a rebranded drive, perhaps a NEC, but you should be able to
+ +swap in most popular ESDI type drives without needing a new controller.
+                       ^^^^  I hope Dave meant ST-506 MFM drives, I'm not
+ aware of an ESDI controller or drive that will work in a 6300 or 6300 PLUS.
+ [ ... ]

Oops! Quite right! I've got ESDI on the brain just lately. Sorry folks
normal service will be resumed as soon as possible, do not adjust your sets.

Dave E.