I can't get at(1) to work on AT&T Sys V 3.2.1 iapx386

Bill Mayhew wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU
Tue Jun 5 12:14:52 AEST 1990

Hi.  I can't get at(1) to work correctly for regular users on my
system which is running Sys V 3.2.1.  Root seems to be able to
submit at jobs.  I checked permissions on the files in
/usr/lib/cron, and everything seems fine.  I have no at.allow file,
and the size of at.deny is zero.  at(1) builds files in
/usr/spool/cron/atjobs with permissions of -r-Sr-lr--.  That seems
to agree the permissions set by our HP System 9000 running HP/UX.
The user sumbitted at jobs fail with diagnostic mail sent to the
user complaining "bad ulimit".  If the at job runs after the user
has logged out, the mail appears to come from LOGIN instead of teh
user.

Anybody know a fix or workaround?

==Bill==
--

Bill Mayhew  Northeastern Ohio Universities College of Medicine
Rootstown, OH  44272-9995  USA    216-325-2511