Formatting ST-251 on 3b1

Kenneth Suh suh at cunixf.cc.columbia.edu
Sat Jun 16 01:58:19 AEST 1990

In article <30799 at cup.portal.com> thad at cup.portal.com (Thad P Floryan) writes:
>An ST-251 drive has 6 heads, 820 cylinders, and 17 sectors per track with
>the "standard" 512-byte sectors.  It's an "ST-506", MFM drive, does NOT
>require any write precomp, and auto-parks on powerdown (though you may
>notice they don't always spin back up upon re-application of power! :-)
>
>Thad Floryan [ thad at cup.portal.com (OR)  ..!sun!portal!cup.portal.com!thad ]

Thanks to everyone who responded to my question.  Unfortunately my
mailer could not deliver my "thanks" to several locations.

/ken
Kenneth Suh                            PATH: suh at WATSUN.CC.COLUMBIA.EDU
Columbia University P.O.                     ..!rutgers!columbia!watsun!suh
P.O. Box 250039
New York, NY 10025