Is the 3b2 dead?

Michael T. Sullivan sullivan at aqdata.uucp
Tue Jun 5 08:42:10 AEST 1990

:From article <3532 at wb3ffv.ampr.org>, by smarc at wb3ffv.ampr.org (Marc Siegel):

> I wonder how many other people out there work for companies that
> have LARGE investments in 3b2 hardware and software. We have several
> 3b2's that may not be supported very much longer. While nobody at
> AT&T will actually confirm this, it seems that the 3b2 is a dead
> product line.

Do you mean the whole 3B2 line or the 310/400 models?  I doubt the former
and I believe the latter has already been announced.  The low-end 3B2's
are slower than 386's so why not phase them out.  However, I have heard
nothing to suggest that the rest of the entire 3B2 line is on its way out.
--
Michael Sullivan          uunet!jarthur!aqdata!sullivan
aQdata, Inc.              sullivan at aqdata.uucp
San Dimas, CA             +1 714 599 9992