Is the 3b2 dead?

Neil Cherry njc at rick.att.com
Tue Jun 12 23:52:35 AEST 1990

In article <23609 at adm.BRL.MIL> abc at adm.BRL.MIL (Brinton Cooper) writes:

>The disturbing thing about this discussion is that nearly all of the

No AT&T doesn't own this group, we just support these computers! As for Hacking
A 300/310, if I could get 1 home I'd first hack the Ram memory so I could get
better than 4 meg of ram into the thing. That is the main problem with the
computer (IMHO!). I have been getting some of my other programs running on the
300 ( I have 2 in my cube).

>Folks who own IBM PC-class hardware certainly don't wait around for Big
>Blue to write the next $49 program and sell it for $1500.  They don't
>wait for the Company to produce a $75 peripheral with a $995 price tag.
>Why do AT&T maching owners?

Maybe most Unix users are software people. ;-)

>_Brinton Cooper		BRL - Where "Research" is our Middle Name.

NJC