Installing the new hard disk controller WD2010 on a 3b1?

paul kirkaas kirkaas at oahu.cs.ucla.edu
Sun Jun 3 05:32:52 AEST 1990

I have to open up my 3b1 to clean it and replace the clock battery.  I've
been hearing about the WD2010, which I guess is supposed to make the
hard disk run faster.  Does it have any other advantages?  Is it worth
installing if I'm just going to keep my old 67 mb disk?
Where can I get a hold of it and for how much -- who makes it?  Is it
just a simple replacement -- unsoldering & popping out the 1010 & dropping
in the 2010 in its place?

Any caveats?

Lots of questions.  Thanks for any help.

Paul Kirkaas
kirkaas at cs.ucla.edu

--
Paul Kirkaas