Is the 3b2 dead?, I think so:-(

Novorolsky pgn at cbnewsc.att.com
Fri Jun 8 02:30:46 AEST 1990

>From article <285 at alix.UUCP>, by isolated at alix.UUCP (20 James D. Corder):
> In article <23021 at cfctech.cfc.com> kevin at cfctech.cfc.com (Kevin Darcy) writes:

> Hello:-)
>
> 	I can not confirm this.  However, I feel that it is true.  I have
> a 3B2/300 that I love:-)  It is SLOW.  It is CO$TLY.  It is OUTDATED:-(
> But, I like it!  The problem that I have with the 3B2 line over the 386's
> is optional extras!  The cost to expand a 3B2 is outrages!!!  One can not
> go to the local store and purchase a hard drive for the unit.  One must
> first buy a XM box$$$

...Other stuff deleted...

Not to pick on J.Corder (I just more or less randomly chose
this article to respond to....)

The 3B2 is NOT dead!
The 3B2 is NOT dead!
The 3B2 is NOT dead!
The 3B2 is NOT dead!

Okay??

Maybe this statement should be posted monthly (Sheesh!)

The 3B2 computer model 300 is no longer being manufactured.
All other models are still in production.

Just this last monday, Release 3.2.3 of the UNIX\(rg Operating system
for the 3B2 models 500, 600, 700, and 1000 was announced.
It provides up to 25% improved performance over the previous
release (SVR3.2.2) for the 3B2.

Other evidence of the health of the 3B2 line:

    Continued sales of 3B2 computers to the USAF

    Some additional SCSI peripherals:
     Optical Disk Changer (A "juke-box" type arrangement)
     320/525 MB cartridge tape unit which is compatible with
       the 60MB and 120MB units in current 3B2 models.

    The UNIX System V Release 4.0.1 (As in SVR4)
	development platform was recently released,
	and is available to qualifying ISV and VARs
	for the 3B2 model 500, 600, and 700 computers.
	(Limited distribution)