TB2500 and HDB

Andy Pitts andy at rbdc
Sat Jun 2 19:53:57 AEST 1990

rlw at ttardis.UUCP (Ron Wilson) writes:

>In article <550 at av8tr.UUCP>, elliston at av8tr.UUCP (Keith Elliston) writes:
>>I am still looking for an archive site that has HDB uucp.  I am still
>>running stock uucp, and would like to have HDB so that I can run my
>>trailblazer T2500 as both incoming and outgoing.
>>Keith O. Elliston       |    .signature really under construction....

>We are also looking for HDB UUCP for the 3B1.

HDB for the 3B1 is available from osu-cis.  Get the file
osu-cis!~/att7300/STORE/HDB3.5+IN.Z

While you are at it, you may also want to get
osu-cis!~/GNU.how-to-get
and
osu-cis!~ls-lR

How to reach osu-cis via uucp
===============================
Here is a set of L.sys or Systems file lines suitable for osu-cis:

#
# Direct Trailblazer
#
osu-cis Any ACU 19200 1-614-292-5112 in:--in:--in: Uanon
#
# Direct V.32 (MNP 4)
# dead, dead, dead...sigh.
#
#osu-cis Any ACU 9600 1-614-292-1153 in:--in:--in: Uanon
#
# Micom port selector, at 1200, 2400, or 9600 bps.
# Replace ##'s below with 12, 24, or 96 (both speed and phone number).
#
osu-cis Any ACU ##00 1-614-292-31## "" \r\c Name? osu-cis nected \c GO \d\r\d\r\d\r in:--in:--in: Uanon

Modify as appropriate for your site, of course, to deal with your
local telephone system.  There are no limitations concerning the hours
of the day you may call.

>BTW:  we have been using all of our modems - including our T2500 as
>both incoming and outgoing:  The stock uucp does notify init to disable
>and then reenable getty on which ever port it needs to use - uugetty
>is only needed to prevent "prompt wars" between getty and the T2500.
>I have source for uugetty if you need it.

>NOTE: uugetty will NOT correctly autobaud - the interface speed on the
>T2500 must be locked at either 19,200 or 9600 (whichever works for your
>3B1).

>Just an idea:  What about setting the port to EXTB and letting the T2500
>"clock" the serial port?

I have a copy of the uugetty replacement written by Paul Sutcliffe and
posted in alt.sources some time back.  I have modified this to read
the result codes generated by the Telebit (or other modem) and set the
line to the right speed.  It works quite well on AT&T SYSV R3.2, but
I have no idea if it will work on a 7300.  I can send it to anyone
interested.
--
Andy Pitts andy at rbdc.UUCP  : "God is an overwhelming responsibility"
...!emory!kd4nc!rbdc!andy  :            --Jethro Tull--