3b1 monitor switch (was UPS systems for the 3b1)

Bob Haar CS50 rhaar at rcsac1.UUCP
Tue Mar 27 00:09:29 AEST 1990

In article <1990Mar25.144511.10154 at uhura.neoucom.EDU> wtm at uhura.neoucom.EDU (Bill Mayhew) writes:

>"Monitor switched on?", you ask.  I installed a power switch on my
>monitor.  I don't like the idea of leaving the CRT running while I
>am not at home.

>Do not attempt to install a switch on your monitor with your
>computer plugged in or switched on.  Do not install a switch if you
>do not have reasonable electronic credentials.

How about posting a short "how-to" note. I would like to install a
switch like this, but don't know which wire(s) to splice into.

Also, is it possible to remove the monitor from the main case and
extend the cable? are there any special shielding concerns?

I would appreciate hearing from anyone who has attempted these mods.

	thanks in advance,

	Bob Haar,  GM Research Labs