Process hanging on AT&T 6386 Sys V R3.2

John Canning john at banzai.PCC.COM
Fri Mar 9 06:45:49 AEST 1990

In article <4494 at cuuxb.ATT.COM> fmcgee at cuuxb.UUCP (Frank W. McGee) writes:

>Make sure you have the IPC 3.0 drivers.  If you don't, call
>the hotline (1-800-922-0354) and they can ship you a copy.
>Currently, there aren't any known bugs in the 3.0 driver.  If
>you found something though, you should try and work it through
>the hotline.

Since we installed the IPC 3.0 drivers on our customer's machines,
we have had much better luck with terminals.  However, we still
run in to headaches with Hayes external modems.

We can set them up using face for incoming and outgoing calls.  The
system can call out at any time without troubles.  However, when
an incoming call is answered by the modem, uugetty does not offer
up a login prompt UNTIL someone runs an stty on the port.  Then
magically, the login prompt appears.

The Hotline tells me that this is the fault of the modem and not
the AT&T operating system.  However, the Hayes internal modems work
fine, and I have seen Hayes external modems work on other Unix boxes,
ranging from Dell to an old company named Plexus.

Comments?