Online Manual Pages

~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Tue Mar 20 15:03:55 AEST 1990

In article <194 at acsdev.UUCP> bobm at acsdev.PacBell.COM writes:
>Does anybody know if online manual pages are available for either
>the AT&T 3B2/1000 or the AT&T 6386wgs?  The response I got from
>the hotline was that they don't exist.  I can't accept that.
>This is such a useful item to have.  All of the other Unix machines
>I have ever used had online manual pages.  If anyone has any
>useful information, please mail me.

Sys V machine-readable man pages are part of the source
product, and come with the source product if you happen to own
source.  I believe you can also purchase them on a sort of
"limitted" source product that only includes the man pages for
the particular version of Unix you own.  The Guileford Center
(sp ?) is the entity that licenses Unix source, and that's
from whence online man pages come.

I know that this has been the situation for 3B Unix for quite a
while.  The same situation is probably also true of 386 Unix,
and if it isn't, the Guileford Center is the place to contact
about that issue.  Their number is 1-800-828-UNIX.

Hope this helps you out.

--
Frank McGee, AT&T
Entry Level Systems Support