Security on the 3B1

Michael M Levin levin at magnus.Hotline.Com
Tue Mar 6 18:49:39 AEST 1990

In article <200 at hico2.UUCP> kak at hico2.UUCP (Kris A. Kugel) writes:
>For the most part, I believe most of the 3b1/7300 owners
>out there have fixed the most blatent security holes on
>Given the time and effort it took to type and debug the damn
>thing in, it seems to me that I could save some other poor souls
>the effort by making some kinda information available.

	I think that since you went to all the trouble, it would be a
	shame for it to go to waste.

>Now, I can:
>
>****2. post the security auditing program (probably violating copyright)****

	I like #2 myself.  I think that you should check it out, and find
	out if there is indeed any problem.  Another thought is, just send
	it (via email) to those sites who request it.  Is there a specific
	copyright prohibiting electronic images?  If so, you may have already
	violated it.  If not, then there wouldn't be a problem (provided,
	of course, you give credit where it's due).

	If you find that there isn't ANY way to implement option 2, without
	endangering yourself, then I suppose that your first or third choices
	will have to do.

		I VOTE FOR # 2 !!!!

					Mike Levin

--
| | ___  ___ |_| ___   Michael Levin     SilentRadio Headquarters- Los Angeles
| |/ ._\| | || ||   \  20732 Lassen Street,    Chatsworth  CA  91311    U.S.A.
|_|\___/ \_/ |_||_|_|  E-Mail: levin at Hotline.Com  {att|csun|srhqla}!magnus!mml