Sanity check please: Value of PC 6300

Mark H. Granoff granoff at vaxwrk.enet.dec.com
Fri Mar 23 01:40:20 AEST 1990

The time may be just around the corner where I must upgrade from my beloved
6300 to something more powerful, with more expansion potential.  In that
event, I'd be selling my 6300, and I'd like to get a sanity check for what
its worth.  Here's the configuration (as I would sell it):

	AT&T PC 6300
		AT&T Monochrome CGA monitor
		AT&T keyboard
		640k memory (all on motherboard)
		1 360k 1/2 height 5-1/4" floppy
		1 20Mb Seagate ST-225 1/2 height hard drive
		SOTA/286i accelerator card
		V30 8086 replacement CPU
	All manuals
	All boxes

The total purchase price (over the course of 4 years) was about $2500.  The
newest items are the 286i card and V30 chip.  In a nut shell, the system
has performed flawlessly for 4 years.

So, the sanity check: Would $1000 be asking too much, too little, or just
right?

(My new system [if I buy it ;-)] will probably be in the $2700 - $3000
range.)

Please respond directly to me: granoff at vaxwrk.dec.com .

Thanks,

-Mark

Mark H. Granoff               | Software Services/Engineering VAXworks
Digital Equipment Corporation | ARPAnet: granoff at vaxwrk.enet.dec.com
129 Parker Street             | EASYnet: VAXWRK::GRANOFF
PKO2-1/M21                    | Usenet : ...!decwrl!vaxwrk.dec.com!granoff
Maynard, MA 01754             | AT&T   : (508) 493-4512