PACKDISK for 3B1 ... N E E D info

Forrie Aldrich forrie at suntau.UUCP
Sun Mar 11 09:45:06 AEST 1990

After several unsuccessful attempts to contact Andy Fyfe, the
author of PACKDISK, I am forced to ask the net for help.

Would someone out there who has used this utility successfully on
the 3B1 please send me more info on how to do it?  I realize that
/dev/fp002 "*must* *not* be mounted ...", but this creates problems
when you try to do this say from the floppy file system disk... do
you copy over /etc/mknod to the floppy and go from there?  This
is very confusing...

Any help would be greatly appreciated.... especially if this tool
really works and makes a difference...

Thanks in advance...

Forrie

--
| Forrie Aldrich          \'o.O'   Email: uunet!unhd!unhtel!suntau!forrie    |