Is StarGROUP 3.3 (LAN Manager version) compatible with Windows 3?

John Breeden jbreeden at netcom.UUCP
Fri Nov 16 15:06:48 AEST 1990

In article <1990Nov15.210101.9067 at DMI.USherb.CA> beauchem at terre.DMI.USherb.CA (Denis Beauchemin) writes:
>Hi there,
>
>Wold someone know for sure if Windows 3 and StarGROUP 3.3a are 100% compatible?
>If not, what are the problems related to?
>
>Thanks,

We are currently running Win3.0 over StarGROUP/Lan Man/X 3.3 using a 6386/25
for the server and 6386SX/ELs with VDC600 (Paridise SVGA) with Word-Windows,
Excel and Wordperfect. Also simultanous TCP-IP access via FTP's PC/TCP V2.05
Generic Version and their NDIS-to-packet driver adapter talking to the same
NDIS MAC driver (raw IP packets on the wire - no TAP gateway needed), all
through a single Starlan 10 10baseT card. We also are running FTP's snmp
agent in the PCs (bringing up AT&T's System Manager (snmp monitor) in the
near future for managing a mix of StarGroup, TCP/NFS and Banyan servers along
with cisco routers).

We are also running Wollongong's WIN/386 V3.0 via a second card on the server
to provide DNS service to the PCs.

It's all working great so far........
--
 John Robert Breeden,