SLIP for the 3b2

~XT6561110~Frank McGee~C23~L25~6326~ fmcgee at cuuxb.ATT.COM
Sat Sep 15 01:05:12 AEST 1990

In article <1990Sep7.164810.9259 at eci386.uucp> woods at eci386.UUCP (Greg A. Woods) writes:
>In article <1035 at ncis.tis.llnl.gov> guerra at lance.tis.llnl.gov (Frank Guerra) writes:
>I would guess that there is at least one (commercial) implementation
>of SLIP available.  It would be in the WIN/3B products, if anywhere,
>available from AT&T.

I know atleast for the 386 UNIX products Wollongong has SLIP
for their 3.x version of TCP/IP (AT&T TCP/IP version 3.0 is
essentially the same as the product from Wollongong).  They
probably also have a version for the 3B's as well.  If you call
them directly, they'll let you know.  It does cost $$, but I
don't know how much.  You can reach the Wollongong Group at
1-800-872-8649.

Note that on 386 UNIX, there are two ways to do TCP/IP; one is
with the TCP/IP Interface for UNIX and the other is with the 386
WIN (Wollongong Integrated Networking) and a StarLAN 10 Mb NAU.
The TCP/IP Interface for UNIX includes both hardware and
software, and has a coax interface.  For the other solution,
you have to purchase both the WIN product and a 10 Mb StarLAN
NAU (they are separate products).  The important thing to keep
in mind is that the two solutions are considerably different,
and you can't run WIN on the TCP/IP Interface for UNIX
hardware.  But that only applies to the 6386 family of
products.

Hope this helps you out,

--
Frank McGee, AT&T