8mm tape on 3B2-1000?

Edward Betancourt ed at swift.UUCP
Thu Apr 11 22:36:34 AEST 1991

chris at bcl.co.nz (Chris Mackerell) writes:

>Hello,

>Has anyone had any experience connecting Exabyte 8mm tape drives to the
>AT&T 3B2 machines?

>In this case we are looking at a TTI CTS-8210 (running in Exabyte
>EXB-8200 emulation mode) on a 3B2/1000.

>Are any special drivers required? If so, where are they available from?

>Cheers,

>Chris
>--
>    _     _
> / /_) / /   / /  / Chris Mackerell <chris at bcl.co.nz> [a/h chris at owdjim.gen.nz]
>/ /_) / /_  / /_ /  Ph: +64 (4) 801-6716  Fax: +64 (4) 85-2752
>Business Computers Ltd, Box 3236, Wellington 6000, NEW ZEALAND.

I tried to e-mail you directly but it bounced.
We currently have an Exabyte 8mm drive hooked up to our 3B2/1000 and it works
like a charm. You will need a driver for it though - it's not a matter of plug
and play. We got ours from the following company:

        Name:    Integrations Communications Enterprises
        Phone:   +1 201 579-2480
        Contact: Tony Barletta

Note that this company is located in New Jersey here in the states.
Hope this helps.

Regards,
Ed

---

Edward Betancourt       |
CEC Corp., NY, NY       |  "It's a shame that the world isn't blind,
uucp: uunet!swift!ed    |   for they would appreciate the beauty of
CIS:  76537,1407        |   people that swarm around us"
FAX:  (212) 245-8245    |                                  Tamara Fall