Do-it-yourself Ethernet loopback for 3b2 NI cards

Wes Morgan morgan at ms.uky.edu
Sat Apr 6 02:25:56 AEST 1991

If you need to make a terminating adapter for the NI card that
will still allow a loopback test during boot diagnostics, here's
the pinouts:

 -  DB-15 male connector
 -  Connect pin 3 to pin 5
 -  Connect pin 9 to pin 6
 -  Connect pin 10 to pin 12

I've been using this for several days, with no problems.  DGMON
passes the board with no problem.  If there is a potential prob-
lem with this adapter, please let me know.

This has the added benefit of fitting inside the door of the
3B2/310; the Starlan AUI adapter will not, and I don't like
exposing my cards to the world.....8)

--
 morgan at ms.uky.edu    |Wes Morgan, not speaking for|     ....!ukma!ukecc!morgan
 morgan at engr.uky.edu  |the University of Kentucky's|   morgan%engr.uky.edu at UKCC