ok, here's another question:

a DanKing MarSUPial mccaslan at cs.utk.edu
Fri Apr 19 09:06:13 AEST 1991

first, Thanks! to all of you who responded to my 3B2 problem.  For all of
those who know less than I(which is hard to imagine) the problem can
supposedly be fixed with the idtools or devtools disk from the Maintenance
and Repair manual.  It will be a matter of doing a _very_ low level format
on the hard disks in order to rewrite the sanity track.  Now all I have to
do is locate the aforementioned Maintenance and Repair manual.  Several of
my original set of manuals got seperated from me and hopefully it is in
that set.
In the case that it's not, does anyone out there know where and how I can
obtain one with the accompanying disk?
again, thank you all.

Now, to my REAL question...someone asked if X11 had been ported to a unixPC...
well, my question is: has it been ported to a 3B2?  and if so, what kind of
disply device does one need to make it work? etc? etc?
ain't I an inquisitive soul?
thanks,
Don McCasland     mccaslan at cs.utk.edu