help... slip or PPP for at&t 6386<=>3b2

moorejm at stat.appstate.edu moorejm at stat.appstate.edu
Sat Apr 20 06:47:53 AEST 1991

Help me if you can... (PLEASE)

I have an AT&T 6386 running sys V 3.2 and using win tcp/ip software.
I also have a 3b21000 runing sys V 3.2 with no means of connecting
to out campus ethernet.  However I have a serial (9600 baud) link to
the 3b21000.  Currently we use uucp to pass mail and files and cu to
allow one user to do terminal access at a time.  Is it possible to
configure a slip or PPP link between the to machines so taht the 3b21000
would apear to be on the campus ethernet like the 386?

If so could multiple users use the connection (I know it would be slow!)
at the same time? i.e. 2 users on teh 3b21000 running telnet to internet
nodes and at the same time internet mail could be delivered to the 3b21000.

If you can point me to any PD or free ware to accomplish this I would
be most thankful!

|\    /|  ___    ___  . ___  ___        | |\    /| Appalachian State University