3B2/modem recommendations wanted

Mich. Network Sys. TECH SUPPORT tech at mich-ns.UUCP
Thu Apr 25 09:01:12 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr18.005851.869 at shaman.com> jiro at shaman.com (Jiro Nakamura) writes:
"In article <a50i11w164w at dogface> bei at dogface (Bob Izenberg) writes:
">I'm going to be in the market for a modem for a 3B2/400 in the near
">future.  Telebit is a likely choice, but I'd like some other options.
">When I last looked, Hayes support for 3B2s wasn't the best.  The modem
">that I go with should do at least 2400 baud, and should be able to have
">DCD true all the time, dipping DCD and then raising it when a valid carrier
">is detected.  Transparency to uucp 'g' is a must.
"
"	Aren't Telebits the only ones that do UUCP-g spoofing?  Does anyone
"else do this? Also, Telebit can only do spoofing in PEP mode, right - so that
"rules out compatibility with other modems....

Not sure if anyone else does it. The T2500 does protocol spoofing for
UUCP-G, KERMIT, XMODEM and YMODEM in PEP mode. The T1600 (Telebit's
V.32 modem) does spoofing in V.32 mode.

"	Hope this helps. Telebit Tech support (1800-Telebit) is usually
"excellent by computer standards.
"

Your local Telebit distributor should be able to lend assistance too.

--
Michigan Network Systems        Technical Support Division
1-800-736-5984                  BBS: +1 313 343 0800