Does #!/bin/sh work w/tcsh? (was: Re: Shells for SYSV machines)

Eric Thompson et at tornado.Berkeley.EDU
Tue Jun 18 08:52:45 AEST 1991

On a related note, I've found that my tcsh binary (from ee.cornell.edu)
doesn't pay any attention to a "#!/bin/sh" line at the top of a Bourne
shell script.  This is a pain.

The workaround I've got going is to set $SHELL and $shell to /bin/sh.
Then any scripts that are executed use the $shell variable.  I'd rather
if it would check the top of the script to see which shell to run--if
it's possible, let me know how, please?  :-)  Thanks.

Eric