3B2 low level SCSI formatting program

Phillip Pascoe ppascoe at bjudev.UUCP
Fri Jun 28 05:05:08 AEST 1991

I am in need of a utility program to low level format a SCSI drive attached
to an AT&T 3B2/600 so that Unix System V r 3.1.1 will recognize the drive
and allow me to place a file system on it.  The drive is a Maxtor XT-3380S
330 Meg SCSI drive with 1224 cylinders, 15 heads, and 36 sectors per track.

The drive is recognized by the system but is missing the UNIX Sanity stamp,
so the operating system ignores it.  Is there such a utility available?  If
so, where can I get it?  Thanks for the help.  Please email responses to
uunet!bjudev!ppascoe.