AT&T Unix Sys V (from AT&T); how do I get bug fixes?

Rasmus Lerdorf rasmus at napc.uucp
Mon Mar 25 15:38:02 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar21.215229.3618 at banzai.PCC.COM> john at banzai.PCC.COM (John Canning) writes:

>Call the AT&T Hotline at 800-922-0354.  When you purchased Unix, you
>also purchased 90 days of free support for the product.  In addition,
>AT&T will send out maintenance fixes for quite a while (technically a
>year, but it seems to be the life of the product).

Well, I purchased AT&T SVR3.2.2 from Intel (Since they are the people who
actually wrote the thing), and I tried to get a bit of techincal help
through the Intel help line (1-800-INTEL4U).  They informed me that I would
need to purchase a $2000/year support arrangement.  Needless to say, I
have more exciting things to spend $2000 on than getting the right to
speak with Intel techies.
--
Rasmus Lerdorf    calgary!ajfcal!napc!rasmus       1020-64 Ave NE, Calgary
NovAtel Advanced Product Concept Development       Alberta, Canada T2E 7V8