AT&T NFS on SMSCRC 3B2 600G

James M. Graham graham at netwrx1.NW1.COM
Fri Mar 22 00:10:04 AEST 1991

I have a standard AT&T 3B2 (Load 19 O/S) from the government SMSCRC contract.
It comes with SVR 3.2 and Wollongong WIN/3B Rel 3.0. My problem is when I try
to install the commercial product AT&T NFS on my SMSCRC government config-
uration. The installation program detects that my configuration has an old
version of the LP Spooling system and will not install properly.

My dilemma is whether to purchase commercially available LP spooling system
and hope that it will not impact other SMSCRC applications, or find a way
to get the present LP Spooling system to work with NFS.

AT&T (both SMSCRC and Commercial people) have been of little help. I have
asked if they could get together to fix this problem so that SMSCRC
customers can run standard NFS instead of AT&T proprietary RFS. But I have
received little response.

Any ideas or does someone have NFS working on an AT&T 3B2 from the SMSCRC
contract?

Thanks,
Jim

  James M. Graham		Usenet:	  uunet!netwrx1!graham
  Open Networks, Inc.		Internet: graham%netwrx1 at uunet.uu.net
  Reston, Virginia		Voice:    (703) 648-0013