Telnet Failure To 3B2/600 Running 3.2.1 + 3.0 TCP/IP

L Testerville tester at cmcl2.nyu.edu
Thu Mar 21 05:12:07 AEST 1991

  Recently I received a GraphOn 21 Xwindows terminal.  When trying to
telnet from the xterm to a 3B2/600 running SVR3.2.1 + 3.0 Wollongong
TCP/IP, I get an immediately closed connection with the error message:

 "Connection closed by host"

  Any ideas on what might be causing this?  I've checked the /etc/hosts
/etc/networks, /etc/services, etc. for consistency, but haven't found
anything out of the ordinary.  If this is a case of RTFM, which FM did I
miss?

  Thanks,

   \\Lee
thx1138 at nyu.edu