VT Initialization

Leslie Mikesell les at chinet.chi.il.us
Wed Mar 6 03:52:51 AEST 1991

In article <1991Mar1.165607.10590 at mccc.edu> pjh at mccc.edu (me) writes:

>My login shell is ksh and my .profile has SHELL=/bin/ksh.  However,
>when I Alt-SysRq-Fx, I have to invoke ksh manually.  Is there a way to

You need to edit /etc/default/login and add the line ALTSHELL=YES
to tell login that it is OK to put your real shell's name into
the environment instead of pretending it is something else.

Now what I'd like is a way to (a) automatically start up an assortment
of things on the different VT's when I log in, and (b) a way to
access them (saved screen and all) from a dial-up or network login.

Les Mikesell
  les at chinet.chi.il.us