MSDOS Starlan Client

Peter J. Holsberg pjh at mccc.edu
Wed Mar 13 07:24:30 AEST 1991

The MSDOS Starlan Client is configured to load itself in expanded memory
and doesn't complain when started.  Yet I find a big chunk of the 0-640K
region contains ASCII strings such as:
	VER 39.2 Starlan R3.2 Driver
	redir.exe
	PC Network Program 1.0
	Microsoft NETWORKS 1.03
and the entire NETSTART.BAT file.

I'm using QEMM 5.12 on an 8MB machine with expanded=3072 and extended=3072.

If I reconfigure the Client s/w to ignore expanded memory, it takes up
more of the 0-640K region, but not as much as one might expect.

Any ideas as to how I can get it all "up there"??  Thanks.

Pete
--
Prof. Peter J. Holsberg      Mercer County Community College
Voice: 609-586-4800          Engineering Technology, Computers and Math