"Link has been severed"

Bradley E. Smith brad at bradley.bradley.edu
Sat Mar 9 00:53:53 AEST 1991

In <1991Mar7.183356.23672 at cbnewsk.att.com> josie at cbnewsk.att.com (jack.y.gross) writes:
>It has a fix that solves RFS connections dying under load. It is
>available via the AT&T hotline, 800-922-0354. One word of warning,
>you must upgrade all machines on your network at the same time or you
>will experience a MAJOR problem on all the machines on your network.
>This new version also exists for 6386 and it's called WIN/386 3.2.
No you don't.....what you need to set is the tunable COMPAT42 to 1 in the
/etc/master.d/tcp file......first versions of 3.2 tcp didn't have this but the
new release does.....I it supposed to be mentioned in the release notes
(which we never got).
--
Bradley Smith
Network & Technical Services @ Bradley University, Peoria, IL