Mouse on AT&T 6300 ?

Robert White rwhite at jagat.uucp
Fri May 10 12:25:18 AEST 1991

There is a special ROM facility for doing actual mouse movement
through the 6300 keyboard interface.  The mechanisim defaults
to a state where mouse movement generates keyboard-style arrow
codes (and enter and something else for the mouse buttons)

You will need the special driver for using the keyboard mouse
as a regulation mouse.  Once installed the mouse will operate
as a standard Microsoft(tm) compatible mouse with the following
exceptions (at least):

1)	If you move the mouse while some programs are *loading* the
   system will hang.  Dont ask me why, but it does.  Be patient.

2) If your program does clever things with the keyboard interrupt
   you may void your warentee cause the driver might not be able
   to find the mouse port after a while.

3) For TSRs see rule number 2

We might have such a driver floating around work.  If we do and
I can find it I will post contact info.  You can order the
"offical" keyboard mouse from AT&T and it will come with the
driver you need.
--
Robert C. White Jr.          |  I have moved my news reading activities
rwhite at jagat           <Home |  not directly related to my job off of my