6300/6300+ character attributes

scott.d.brenner sbrenner at cbnewsb.cb.att.com
Tue May 14 22:26:58 AEST 1991

I'm having a problem with the AT&T PC 6300 and 6300 Plus.  If anyone can help
me, I'd be most appreciative!

I can't seem to get the "underscore" character mode to acutally use
underscores.  On an ordinary dumb terminal (vt100 compatible), I can send
an escape sequence to turn on underscore mode.  When I send this sequence
on the pc's (using CrossTalk and vt100 emulation), the characters simply
appear in a different color; there are no underscores.

I'd like to believe that the monitors are capable of displaying a character
with an underscore.  I just can't figure out how to do it.  The only manual
I have available is the User's Guide and it's not very helpful.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Scott D. Brenner			attmail: !sbrenner
AT&T 					e-mail:  ...!att!somerset!sbrenner
Business Communications Services	v-mail:  908-805-2198
Somerset, NJ