HELP with hardware flow control?!

Robert White rwhite at jagat.uucp
Wed May 22 18:33:53 AEST 1991

Evil followup of own posting:

/dev/ttyhxx is hardware
/dev/ttysxx is software

/dev/ttyhxx "the presence of the CTS signal enables the IPC-802 transmitter
and  the presence of the DCD signal enables the the IPC-802 enables the
receiver."  Translated:  If you are sending bulk data out you will be
hardware flow controlled correctly, but when receiving the data you
will not be (unless you have IXON set) able to flow control.

Typos aside, how can I get hardware flow control out of my card without
sending the ^S^Q along with the real(tm) hardware flow control?

I may be asking for undoccumented features or something, but I
need what I need.
--
Robert C. White Jr.          |  I have moved my news reading activities
rwhite at jagat           <Home |  not directly related to my job off of my