sdb behavior

DoN Nichols dnichols at ceilidh.beartrack.com
Fri May 3 06:11:00 AEST 1991

In article <1991Apr30.150441.12993 at mccc.edu> pjh at mccc.edu (Pete Holsberg) writes:

	[ ... ]

>It turns out that the error was in the kernel's floating point driver.

	[ ... ]

>But why does it say "no source file"???  I'm in the directory that
>contains core, program and program.c.

	Because you don't have the source code to the math library, which
includes the system call to the floating point driver, in your current
directory, so it can't find the source to the module where the error was
flagged.  If you had the library source, and the source to the kernel, in
your current directory, (and there were no name conflicts between your
program, the library, and the kernel :-), THEN it wouldn't say "no source
file".  It wants the source to the module WHERE THE ERROR OCCURRED.

	Good luck
		DoN.

--
Donald Nichols (DoN.)		| Voice (Days):	(703) 664-1585
D&D Data			| Voice (Eves):	(703) 938-4564