Telnet From Xterm To Host Is Dropped By Host Immediately

L Testerville tester at cmcl2.nyu.edu
Wed May 1 04:28:51 AEST 1991

  The cause of the problem I mentioned a while back is apparently due to
the fact that there are no /dev/ttyp[0-n] entries on the 3B2!  (Yes, its
now painfully obvious)   Does anyone out there know what the major and
minor node numbers should be for a 3B2/600 running 3.2.1 and Wollongong
3.0 TCP/IP?  Better yet, is there some way that I can create these in an
automated fashion?  I should know enough to RTFM, but in this case TFMs
are long gone...

  Many thanks to:

  Bob Sutterfield	bob at morningstar.com
  Bob Williams		bobw at cac.washington.edu