Tweaking 6386 display colors

Mario T DeFazio mtd at cbnewsb.cb.att.com
Sat May 4 08:05:34 AEST 1991

In article <1991May2.183759.2485 at cbfsb.att.com>, dab at cbnewsb.cb.att.com (david.a.berk) writes:
> Has anyone written a program that allows someone to alter the
> default colors of the console ?
>
> 		Dave Berk
> 		..!att!emdbl1!dab

If you are using UNIX SVR3.2, you can use tput(1).

The following table shows the colors that can be set with
the shell command line

		 tput p1 p2

where p1 is
	'setf' to set foreground color
	'setb' to set background color

and p2 is the numeric color code.

	p2	color
	---	-----
	0	black
	1	blue
	2	green
	3	cyan
	4	red
	5	magenta
	6	brown
	7	white

This is not documented anywhere that I know of.
I looked at the terminfo description for AT386 to figure it out.
The raw escape sequences are given in the display(7) manual page.
You might also look at the tput(1) and terminfo(4) manual pages.

Hope this helps,

Mario DeFazio			AT&T EasyLink Services, Lincroft, New Jersey

AT&T Mail: !mdefazio
Internet:  mdefazio at attmail.com  Voice: (908)576-2590
           mtd at pegasus.att.com