Help with 6386 WGS and RAM

Jared E. Bendis jeb2 at po.CWRU.Edu
Sat May 18 23:53:14 AEST 1991

Hi,

I have a 6386 WGS 386/20 with 1meg of factory installed ram.

This Simms is in 4 256k chips that are euqally spaced among
the 16 slots in thememory board, the switces are factory set.

I was recenlty given 4 1meg Simms chips and I know you are not allowed
to mix, so I replaced thet 1meg for the 256k chips, but it didn't work.

Is this cause  Ineed a different memory board? If so what type.
Or do I need dip switch setting changed and if so what setting?

You help is greatly aprreaciated.

email to jeb2 at po.CWRU.edu or post a reply please :)

Thanks

JAred

--
Well the first time I seen my true love