3b1, antistatic tab removal

Mark Dapoz mdapoz at hybrid.UUCP
Mon Feb 1 19:37:19 AEST 2016

In article <forgery2490 at turquoise.cs.yale.edu> yarvin-norman at CS.YALE.EDU (Norman Yarvin) writes:
>In article <303 at sphere.UUCP> ruck at sphere.UUCP (John R Ruckstuhl Jr) writes:
>>My 3b1 ingests much dust.  How do you/I remove the accumulated dust from
>>the opened 3b1?  (I considered wiping the motherboard with an old
>>paintbrush, but worried about static (dis)charge.)
>
>Presumably an air compressor would also work?  Bottled gas for cleaning my
>computer is not the kind of thing I like spending money on.

I use the air from my scuba tanks to blow off the dust.  Amazing how much
dust 120 psi of air will blow away :-)  Regardless of what method you use,
it's probably a good idea to do it outside your house, it makes a real
mess if you don't!

--
Managing a software development team 	|   Mark Dapoz
is a lot like being on the psychiatric	|   mdapoz%hybrid at cs.toronto.edu
ward.  -Mitch Kapor, San Jose Mercury	|   ...uunet!mnetor!hybrid!mdapoz