New Pyramid Memroy

Bob Sutterfield bob at tut.cis.ohio-state.edu
Sat Feb 6 17:02:51 AEST 1988

In article <14323 at pyramid.pyramid.com> csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
>Now, if I can only convince my department to buy eight 32Meg boards
>for the development system, I'll *finally* have enough memory.

Hmmm, I wonder how fast I could compile, say, MH or GNU Emacs or KCL
or MIT C Scheme or all the X clients or the latest kernel or... if my
development filesystem was an in-memory partition?  Putting the first
5 Mb of /tmp there is nice, but how about the entire source to
whatever I'm working on?  The mind boggles.
--
 Bob Sutterfield, Department of Computer and Information Science
 The Ohio State University; 2036 Neil Ave. Columbus OH USA 43210-1277