Pyramid vs Dec (was Re: New Pyramid Memory)

Duncan McEwan duncan at comp.vuw.ac.nz
Wed Feb 10 09:38:21 AEST 1988

In article <14323 at pyramid.pyramid.com> csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S.
Gutekunst) writes:

>Does this mean we're a real computer company now? Or are we still just "DEC's
>major nuisance competitor?" (Datapro said that, not me.)

To correct Carl's slightly inaccurate quote, what Datapro actually said was

    "Pyramid is recognized as Digital's major _minor_ competitor, or in the
     words of one Datapro editor, a nuisance competitor".

(The italic "minor" was Datapro's - not mine).

Still - it must be pretty good to be thought of as a nuisance to Digital,
albeit only a "major minor" one :-)

Now, I wonder if someone is going to make these boards available in this part
of the world.

Duncan