ditroff on Pyramid

Don Tirsell bigd at unisoft.UUCP
Tue Mar 29 08:07:20 AEST 1988

In article <294 at elan.UUCP> kg at elan.UUCP (Ken Greer) writes:
>From article <318 at draken.nada.kth.se>, by larsa at nada.kth.se (Lars Andersson):
>>
>> I am using a Pyramid to do text processing etc. and would like to use
>> ditroff instead of troff. Apparently there is a version of ditroff in the
>> att universe on this machine. However, it does not run!

After many attempts, we have installed transcript version 2.0 on
our pyramid.  The trick to the equation was that the version on the
att side is actually ditroff, but called by another name.  We run it on
the BSD side by calling it att troff.

We then had to copy all of the tmac files, devpsc files etc into the
BSD universe so that the att side could find them on the bsd side.

We also found out that version 2.0 has some bugs in pscomm that drop
jobs if they are ganged up on one printer.

Transcript 2.1 just came out, so we are attempting to clean up this
installation with the new software.

Don Tirsell
ucbvax!unisoft!bigd
415-420-6410