Wrapper function to sprintf

Robert E. Novak rnovak at pyrnova
Tue Mar 1 04:09:27 AEST 1988

In article <232400003 at prism> atj at prism.UUCP writes:
>Hi, I am having a little problem with developing a "wrapper" to sprintf.
>What I wish to do is write a "dialog_box" routine that takes the
>same parameters as printf.  So, I have the following:
>dialog_box(cs, args)
>char	*cs;
>{
>	char	buffer[512];
>	sprintf(buffer, cs, args);
>}
>/* anything obviously wrong with this? */
>
>What happens is that only the first arg is formatted correctly.
>This is on a Pyramid 9820, OSx 4.0  (BSD universe)
>Thanks.
>Alex T. Jenkins
>Mirror Systems, Cambridge Massachusetts         atj at mirror.TMC.COM

VARARGS(3-ucb)	  Pyramid OSx Operating	System	   VARARGS(3-ucb)

NAME
     varargs - variable	argument list

SYNOPSIS
     #include <varargs.h>

     function(va_alist)
     va_dcl
     va_list pvar;
     va_start(pvar);
     f = va_arg(pvar, type);
     va_end(pvar);

DESCRIPTION
     This set of macros	provides a means of writing portable pro-
     cedures that accept variable argument lists.  Routines hav-
     ing variable argument lists (such as printf(3)) that do not
     use varargs are inherently	nonportable, since different
     machines use different argument passing conventions.