bind 4.8 under OSx 4.4c

Chris Rende car at trux.UUCP
Wed Jul 19 07:22:36 AEST 1989

In article <76854 at pyramid.pyramid.com>, csg at pyramid.pyramid.com (Carl S. Gutekunst) writes:
> >Who ever heard of booting from Floppy?
>
> What would you suggest? You can't do the IMPL from hard disk, unless we had
> a dedicated disk just for the SSP. DEC used an HP catridge, although those
> proved to be more expensive and less reliable than a simple 5" floppy. The
> tape is also inappropriate for automatic dumping of hardware diagnostics.

Does the boot process require that floppy to be present?

If so it's a scary thought. A chain is only as strong as its weakest link.
I'd be very uncomfortable knowing that my mightly mega-$$$$$ Unix box could
be rendered useless by a missing or blown 50 cent floppy.

car.
--
Christopher A. Rende           Central Cartage (Nixdorf/Pyramid/SysV/BSD4.3)
uunet!edsews!rphroy!trux!car   Multics,DTSS,Unix,Shortwave,Scanners,StarTrek